Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fantasies...

I wish one night I would go to sleep, only to wake up the next day to find myself blanketed by the warmth of the sunlight, in a seashore may be; just me & no one else around. The little waves would slash against my feet, welcoming me to their emancipating cosmos. The Daffodils standing in a row with panache, would be waving & smiling at me to make my day.

I wouldn’t have to bother about attending another boring lecture, or submitting yet another report, or being nice to someone I least want to face, lest I hurt him/her, or for that matter, getting over a lost love. I wouldn’t have to care if I look good enough to bear a presentable facade in the society.

I would go and sing to the dancing dolphins. I would hop into the water to take a ride on them. I would play around with the squirrels & nibble a nut or two from a tree. I would watch the sparrows fluttering their wings, times & again sitting on my shoulders & whispering a word or two in my ears; perhaps alluring me to get off the ground along with them, to see how the earth looks from the sky, to feel what it takes to be so far from the profanity existing below. Its then that I wish, I could speak their language, or may be have a wing or two to take off & land over the clouds.

The lilies would pull me towards them, coaxing me to recite to them the story of how the debonair Prince came on a galloping white horse & swept the floor off the gorgeous Princess’ feet. The rainbow would beckon me to join him to sprinkle color over the rest. I would shout out at the top of my voice & there would be no one to hush me to silence. Only the flowers, the dolphins, the squirrels & the sparrows to join me in my lunacy.

I so won’t wish that this should stop, but just then the bedside alarm would ring off, welcoming me back to the reality; to wake up & get ready for yet another boring lecture, to prepare for yet another presentation, to veil my weeping heart with that fake smile yet again…


P.S.- With majors over & an entire month of holiday ahead, I agree I had nothing better to do than let my imagination run wild, to get my mind off some other perturbing thoughts. So kindly save your thrashings & abuses till atleast my results are out. ;)

2 comments:

fawkes said...

i must comment,Dear, U pursue wild fantasies..mere sapney some how sirf jungle aur haanti he aate hain.. :P

soumi.datta said...

hehe...mere sapney bhi zada door nai jaa paate...ye dolphins n flowers tak hi seemit reh jaate hai...hav to grow up big time ;)