Saturday, November 1, 2008

Created to Rule

Okay, so may be you get no freaking idea as to what this post is going to be all about merely by reading the title. Yet, I leave it as such simply to create an interest for the otherwise boring article and make you go through the entire one to find out why I named it so (pardon my barbaric act). It won’t be too much of a lie either, to mention here that I actually couldn’t think of any other apt title, hence the ‘mystery’ created by me. I once again realize (perhaps for the 10th time today), that I possess this utmost ability to keep moving helter-skelter and writing all non-sense for a page or two before pouncing upon the actual point, which I happen to summarize tactfully in a few lines, and which I’m trying to prevent for the first time ever.

So finally coming to the point, this article might be a little too philosophical for some, way too non-sense for others; but to me, it did strike a chord somewhere, which I why I am penning this down in the first place. I marvel, how a few things are so much better and easier written, than preached or said aloud.

The other day while chatting to a dear fellow friend, I became prey to one of his yet another ‘short yet sweet’ philosophical lectures, if I might call it so. The purpose of it directed towards me… well that’s yet another story. Let’s not go into it for the time being, but this is how it went.

It is about human origin. Long time age, God very cleverly, absolving from his own errands created a being called WOMAN- to bear the sole responsibility of the Universe. He made her emotionally intact, nurturing, self-sacrificing, who knew exactly what to do when, and the ability to provide immeasurable love and care to fellow beings. These helped her cope up with her toil. But with time, she began facing problems of her own while solving others’. She had no one to shield her from the negative vibes out there. That is when God felt the necessity to create MAN, as the protector, to look after the needs of the WOMAN. Thus along with this background, the WOMAN by default became the chooser; she was given the right to choose from a herd of Men as to whom she wanted to be her protector.

But the WOMAN was a woman after all !!
She let the MAN share all her rights and allowed him to walk shoulder to shoulder with her. Eventually as time passed, she forgot that she was ‘Created to Rule’. And today the excruciating situation is that the WOMAN is being subdued, tormented and used; so much so, that in some places they are killed in the womb itself, as if it’s a sin to be a WOMAN!

I really didn’t intend to write this stuff as a feminist or anything of that sort. Just wanted to use this as a podium to urge all the WOMEN out there to realize once again that you were born to Rule. So there is no point spending your life in a slumber. You can actually make things happen, make the entire world fall at your feet, only if you wish to do so. Well, may be this won’t even reach the ears of those women whom I specifically want to address, or those who are being tormented the most. But I would do my part all the same.

I don’t know how many readers are going to agree with me on this, nor how many would even be able to take in what I had to say. I only take solace from the fact that atleast now you all know the relevance of the Title of this post, if nothing else. Last but far from least, would like to thank Haldi for his untimely advices n philosophies, which give me a reason to post new articles in my otherwise passive blog every other time :)

10 comments:

Dal Chand Choudhary said...

well i really dont want to comment on this... only one thing that comes in my mind is that i can write the samething and believe me it will change everything... i am not saying ur wrong but it seems ur somewhere biased... but its good to know abt the mystery of title... and hey u really know a lot abt GOD... :)

soumi.datta said...

@dalchand: may be u feel i am biased cuz i myself m a gal. but tell u sumthing..da one who told me this story (if i may call it so), was a guy :) n neway it was for a purpose...so doesn't really matter to me if i am biased...da mesg should reach around.

Dal Chand Choudhary said...

hmmm... fair enough

dumka said...

I agree with most of the points you have mentioned. Though Bible says that it was Adam who was created first, but modern science believes that first human being to be born was a woman in Africa (named Eve by scientists based on bible). Even in our mythology, it is Shakti, who is mother of this whole humanity.
About the point that mistreated only in lower class community, I disagree. Believe me, the situation is as well grim in upper strata of society.
Nice thought, nice writing. Keep it up

soumi.datta said...

nice to know abt da facts...wasnt really aware of all of dem...but i wonder if i ever mentioned only women of lower classes r mistreated...neway thanx for da encouragement.

dumka said...

"Well, may be this won’t even reach the ears of those women whom I specifically want to address,...."- It was this line which made me to interpret about the lower strata stuff ;) ...well I know u will be feeling like ripping off your hair, or bashing me hard if I came in front of you, but i couldnt help it :( . This is the way we are taught to analyze the case studies.
Anyway, have written something after long time, so need some encouragement from your side also. am sure you know what you have to do after reading this comment ;)

S Kumar said...

I don’t know how I landed to your blog, and when I arrived I thought lets see what’s in it. While going through this article, I realised that something is wrong. I didn’t tempt me to scroll down to read your second stuff, to be honest there are discrepancies.
I am not talking about facts, which are obviously incorrect, it’s about what you read. There are lots of stuff written in this world and further will be penned down but one should be careful while reading as it develop your thought process and personality. This article implies that you have become feminist though superficially denying yet accepting by writing “just wanted to use this as a podium to urge all the women out there to realise once again that you were born to rule”. I am sorry that I am bit harsh in my tone but truth is truth and it can’t be anything else. The stuffs like ‘feet, rule, tormented, agree with me, non-sense for others’ suggests that you lack confidence. Don’t worry it will come gradually. I can only suggest that leave your books, go out and explore the world with you open eyes.
I appreciate that al least you have the courage to write but one should always keep in mind that it must be acceptable to the readers. By merely writing “I don’t know how many readers are going to agree with me on this, nor how many would even be able to take in what I had to say” won’t work.

Anyways have to start my day. Bye and catch you…
If I was harsh you can write back to invincibleidea@gmail.com.

soumi.datta said...

@ sumit...thanks for commenting first of all...secondly...wen i say i dunno how many wud agree...i jus meant dat i dunno i i rilly dun care dat much...so the bottomline is...call me inconfident or wateva (dunno how gud a psychologist u r tho)..i will keep writing...n keep seeing the world da way i feel like.. :)

fawkes said...

@sumit

What I feel is that u r very eloquent critic but at the same time lacking the skill of grasping. The blog was not focused on criticizing man's nature but was more bout presenting the right of women when they are in a dilemma. Certainly your tone is harsh but it only portrays that u stared with refuting the idea as soon as u read, not even imagining the kind of world it could render. about the facts, they never exists they are always made. U could have agreed it if some 1500 bc book said that but not now.. such an irony. Whatever someone writes is the reflection of his/her mind, and believe me this platform is shimmering only reason being its a reflection, it has nothing to do with what your eyes are like. the words (tormented) feels like just an expression not literally.To make it clear i bet u will die to hear your girlfriend smiling and saying "I'll kill u bastard " :P(sorry for pj :D). and about seeing the world, dont need yours,everyone can make there own and believe me it is better then yours at least expression is not considered harsh here. :)

soumi.datta said...

@ santu..
yo Haldi...thanx for saving me :) :D