Friday, March 19, 2010

The Light..

Once again, I made up my mind, not to dream about you.
I found myself dreaming just yesterday...

I decided, I would never let you stray into my thoughts again.
I find myself letting you inadvertently, whenever I am all by myself...

I was determined not to even write your name ever.
Hardly realised I had done it yet again, unless i saw your name scribbled all over my notebook...

I resolved never to spare as much as a glimpse at those pictures of ours together, in which we smile & cuddle.
Yet, whenever I close my eyes, they are all I can see...

I hoped, against hope, that someday I would be able to obliterate the memories of those moments spent in your company.
Haven't been able to, even if for an instant...

I thought, with time I would be able to forget the warmth of your tender touch, however rare they have been.
The more I try, the more my efforts stand futile...

But, I don't feel the pain anymore...
I don't try to put you out of my mind anymore...
Maybe I cannot...
Maybe I don't want to...

That touch, those precious moments, they are all I have. And perhaps all I deserve..

I have learnt to accept, that you are like a moon in my life- who can be loved, if at all, only from a distance, only in detachment..
Who doesn't promise to wrap you with the warmth of his affection, but readily lends you a ray of light, to illuminate just enough, for you to be able to see him & love him..

I don't want anything from you, except for this light.
I don't want your proximity, just wish you would be close enough to keep illuminating my life forever..and ever...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bepook hoyehe...

Puneet said...

nice,,,,,,,,,,,haven't thought before, tht u have a poetic side too. nice work

nikhil said...

oh god .. at the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.. ladki..